With 150 million users worldwide, there can be no doubt that PayPal is a hugely popular payment option.
PayPal, which is owned by eBay, is a way of payment available on the Internet in 190 countries in 16 currencies.
- The primary focus is to offer to members to make online payments securely through the use of an email address and a password (rather than passing the address of a credit card for example).
- PayPal members can also exchange money with any other member.
- PayPal allows, as private seller or professional, to offer users to make payments via their PayPal account, but also by credit card.
Advantages are :
- Immediate and convenient (Payment is deposited directly into the seller’s account and you can pay directly from the item listing page).
- No requirement that you use your credit card (you can transfer money directly from your bank account).
- Sellers don’t see your credit card number (it is safely encrypted through PayPal’s server), which limits the risk of unauthorized use.
- Automatic payment tracking.
- PayPal Buyer Protection offered on qualifying items – up to $1,000 in free coverage.
- Additional limited protection offered through PayPal’s Money Back Guarantee.
Therefore PayPal is an easy to use, affordable, and low cost payment solution which allows you to sell to customers across the world. It is not without its disadvantages but on the whole it comes highly recommended, especially for those who are selling online for the first time.
For more information, do not hesitate to Contact us.