Web conferencing is a form of real-time communications RTC in which multiple computer users, all connected to the Internet, see the same screen at all times in their Web browsers. Some Web conferencing systems include features such as texting, VoIP (voice over IP) and full-motion video.
Web conferencing allows users to carry on business meetings and seminars, make presentations, conduct demonstrations, provide online education and offer direct customer support. Control of the session can be passed among users so that any attendee can act as the main presenter. The most effective Web conferencing solutions require high-speed Internet connections at all user sites.
For this we can observe 8 reasons to use web conferencing in your company :
- Spend less on travel, even if they are short.
- Extend your company’s reach. Web conferencing helps organizations work with new customers in global markets to augment sagging local and regional sales.
- Increase internal business process efficiency. It enables on-site employees to be more productive, fr instance using the technology to interview jobs candidates.
- Encourage brainstorming. New ideas lead to innovations that can help a business prosper in any economic environment.
- Enhance customer satisfaction. Web conferencing helps keep customers happy by providing personalized sales, training and technical support.
- Unite geographically dispersed work sites. It has the power to put all stakeholders on equal footing without driving up travel costs or upsetting work routines.
- Spread important news and information. Web conferences allow businesses to inform sales prospects, train employees and customers, introduce new products to the world.
- Close deals faster. Web conferences tend to be more productive than in-person meetings, where key stakeholders may be unavailable to render important decisions.
To use web connferencing in a free way, we can advise you :
- Mikogo : Mikogo is an easy-to-use cross-platform desktop sharing tool, ideal for free web conferencing, online meetings or remote support.
- Vyew : It is a great way to do free web conferencing and lets you have unlimited meetings, SSL Secure login, 10 real time participants and more.
- OnWebinar : It’s a free web conf service that allows you to organize distance learning, business meetings, online coaching, videoconferences and interactive communication.
- BigBlueButton : an active open source project that focuses on usability, modularity, and clean design — both for the user and the developer.
- Skype : You can use Skype on whatever works best for you – on your phone or computer or a TV with Skype on it. It is free to start using Skype – to speak, see and instant message other people on Skype for example.